Bike Hire Information and Deposit
Get your Hire Bikes Specialized Full suspension hire bikes from the people who love Mountain Biking as much as you. Based in Westport - Westcoast of the South Island.
OUR HIRE BIKE IS THE WEAPON OF CHOICE
- 2018-19 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp ST 29er
Our Specialized Hire Bikes are fully serviced between hires and are kept in a new condition. Full workshop on site - we service all Bikes
ALL HIRE PACKAGES INCLUDE: Bike fully serviced in-between hires for your peace of mind
- Shuttle to and from the track
- A safe place to park your car
- Full suspension bike
- Bike fit
- Bike first aid lesson
- Tube, repair kit & pump
- Multi tool & chain breaker,
- Repair tape & cable ties
- Spare derailleur hanger/ dropout
- Spare piece of chain & links.
BIKE HIRE / SHUTTLE & PACKAGE OPTIONS
- Bike hire only
- Shuttle only (times are booked to suit you)
- Accommodation (from $35 per person)
- Old Ghost Road 1 or 2 day bike hire and shuttle package
- Old Ghost Road 3 day bike hire & Shuttle package (most popular)
- Old Ghost Road 4/5 day bike hire & shuttle
There are plenty more amazing tracks to ride in the area so we quote packages to suit you - if you want it just ask!
ALSO CAN BE HIRED
- 34 litre Vaude biking specific backpacks
- Hiking / Tramping packs,
- Sleeping bags,
- Biking gloves,
- Dry bags,
- SPD Pedals
- & more just ask.
If you would like to book a hire, shuttle or package:
- 1 Call or email Habitat Sports to confirm available hire and/or shuttle for those dates. Include heights of riders to ensure the right size bike is ready, and other gear you would like to hire, times for shuttle and time to come in for bike fit /first aid session (up to an hour depending on group size)
- 2 Book your huts (Old Ghost Road website/Heaphy Track (Department of Conservation).
- 3 Pay your $200 deposit for bike hire on the Habitat Sports webpage. This will confirm your hire and then becomes your bond for the bike.
- 4 When you arrive in Westport...Ensure you have all your gear packed in your bag and with you when you come for your bike fit so that the suspension and bike can be adjusted correctly for your riding enjoyment.
Thanks again for your enquiry. We look forward to helping out with your West Coast adventure!
Cheers, Adrian and the Habitat Sports Crew
YOUR SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT.
Please note your deposit is non refundable, once a bike is booked under your name no one else can can book the bike 48 hours either side of your hire due to servicing requirements.